Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Monday, February 1, 2010

What made me HAPPY WEEK 2


This is My favorite cat, Buster. He doesn't like to be held but will lay up against me when watching TV (if there is room!) Isn't he handsome?
I think I will start calling this a happiness/gratitude weekly check-in.

Becoming more cognizant of simple things that make one happy or for which one is grateful is a good lesson in "living off the fat of the land." This is one of my pet phrases that I like to use. In this case, it refers to finding happiness in doing things that don't cost money--finding happiness in just living and in feelings of abundance and wealth when one is not monetarily rich. I want to be rich in simple happiness and richly surrounded by love and companionship from friends and family. This love you can't buy--it's just here. It's simple abundance.

Monday: It was hard to be happy today. I can honestly say I wasn't. I started off the day with an early phone call from my Supervisor at work who informed me that there was some controversy surrounding the Board decision allowing me to sell my art/cards in the store. I have to tell you I am disheartened. When they offered me this perk, I was very happy. A little later in the morning, I got a call from a very good, old friend who told me that his wife had passed away a week ago. She had had cancer the past 3 years. I am stunned and saddened. How do you help someone you love through this gracefully?


Tonight, I decided that I needed to make an attempt toward happiness so I took a hot, leisurely bath in the dark, got out and watched "The Bachelor." Did I tell you I am a closet, hopeless romantic and that this program feeds that need? I know, WEIRD!

Tuesday: I am still wallowing in sadness for my friend's loss. I found simple basic happiness in walking around outside feeling more warmth than I have been feeling due to the bright day and mild temperature. There is hope in Spring.

Wednesday: I though this was going to be easy because I think I am a very balanced happy person. The death of someone you know, who is your age leaves us at a loss as to how we should act and feel. I am experiencing this grief and feeling for my friend. Today, I thought about how lucky I am to be healthy and alive.

Thursday: Last week, I decided to start volunteering again at the gallery. I have not been an active member since my 2 years as President ended March 09. I needed to pull back as I was very burned out. I was asked to be Craft Chairman and I said yes quickly. Tonight, I went to the gallery and started by looking at it through critical eyes. It felt really good to be back even though there is a lot of work to be done to help improve the merchandising of the gallery. I am up to the challenge and look forward to it.

Friday: Today I felt happiness and pride when looking at the store all decked out in Valentine's Day. I have a lot of cards in the shop and they have been selling well. I have been working hard on trying to make it look better and I feel it is paying off. I had to work the sales desk for several hours the other day and I was able to watch shoppers shop the card wall. I never said anything to the people and 3 came up with 2 of my cards while I was there. I actually pulled cards from the gallery and brought them this am to the store since they were selling so well.

Saturday: This morning, I am grateful for the natural gift of sleeping well. So many friends tell me they have sleep issues. I love to sleep. I love my cozy bed. One of the things I bought myself from the proceeds from my December show was a couple new duvet covers and a set of sheets. Generally, when I am looking for something specific like this I tend to go on EBay and search by size and even color and find plenty to choose from. The only problem with this is that I tend to get more than one! Do I have an issue with can't choose? No, I don't. I am very decisive--I guess I choose more than one regularly.

Sunday: I love weekends. What more can I say. Even if i simply stay home and play all weekend which is what I am doing this weekend. I feel so productive writing a To Do list and then crossing each thing off. I got a lot accomplished this weekend. I listed ads on Craigslist for a roommate, to sell a Persian Rug, some designer scarves and a TV. Today's major item is to get myself ready to do my taxes. I have been doing the accountant or HR Block since 1999 when I first moved to Portland. This year I decided to save money and buy Turbo tax. I am a little scared but I know that I can do it. I hope to get back in the studio at sometime today.


Signing off week two.

No comments:

Post a Comment