Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happiness/Gratitude Check In Week 4

Home is where the heart is...
In a past life, I was a Victorian woman...

Where would you like to live?



This would be nice, wouldn't it?


This is interesting...




Ah, there's nothing like staying home for real comfort. *Jane Austen


I've been staying home a lot lately. There are a lot of reasons for it. The biggest reason is to save money. I have noticed through my life that if I go shopping, I end up wanting to buy something. I end up usually succumbing to the temptation. At one point in my early 30's, I started going to movies alone. This was a cost saving measure. I went to a movie instead of going shopping. I spent less money.

Monday: My housemate returned Saturday night. He had been on vacation in both Cypress and in Pakistan for the past 6 weeks. Yesterday, we spent the day together. First we went to lunch at Pho Van and then visited the Showcase Art Show at the Beaverton Library and checked out DVDs and books on tape. Then we went to Powell's and shopped and sat in the coffee shop and talked to a very nice couple about conspiracy theory. Then we stopped at a bakery off NW 23rd. After watching a couple DVds, we eased back into our old relationship and talked about intimacy issues (his) and relationship pitfalls (mine.) He accused me of dealing with meeting new men as a 35 year old. The way I used to. He suggested that I look at myself and my propective dates as we are now. Expectations, issues, wants and needs are very different. At 35, men were looking to marry, have kids, buy their first houses. Men at my age don't want or need any of that stuff. They don't necessarily need a long term relationship either. They may be just interested in variety. I have been looking at this in such a wrong way. No wonder I have been unsuccessful. It was definitely an "Ah, ha" moment. He's moving back to Oakland tomorrow. I will miss him and our talks. I have learned alot about myself through our talks.

Tuesday: This past weekend, I came to the conclusion that my cat, Bella, may have been walking better. The mega-dose anti-inflamatory may have worked. I need to call the vet and have him precribe a pill to give her daily. I am happy about this. She looks like such a little cripple when she walks and it would be great if this could improve.

Wednesday: I walked into the store today and right away noticed that all but one of my felted flower cards ($8.00) were gone. My first inclination was that they had been stolen---again... Someone stole 4 of them in December. At least it was someone with good taste. I immediately walked up to the register and went through the processed transactions and there was a transaction for 4 of them! WOW! It felt good and I was releaved that that hadn't been stolen after all.

Thursday: I actually met a new friend at the Heathman tonight after work. I like the atmosphere in the lounge as it's comfortable and "clubby." I found that if you go early enough before it get's busy, that they are not so irritated when you don't spend a lot. It was nice to get to know this lady a bit more. We talked about several things and in the end we left wanting to continue talking but her parking meter was calling.

Friday: Today I was called and asked to help with an art show being put on at an assisted
living home I had worked with in the past. Last year, we had done an art fair there to qualify for the gallery nonprofit status. I spoke briefly with the Cmmunity Outreach Director and told her I would send a lot of call to astists I'd done and received in the past plus other back up paperwork that she could borrow from. This would be a fun thing to work with in the future. I wish there was some money in it but these homes don't seem to have much for activities like this. Last year I had thought it might be interesting to give classes there. I didn't do anything about it. I wonder if there is an opportunity? It is just down the street and very convenient for me.

Saturday: I've been waiting for my tax return to arrive. I was hoping it would be here by now. I have a strong urge to go estate saling. I cannot conceive of going without money to spend. It has been so long since I have gone and I really do miss going. I love the hunt and the living vicariously by looking at how someone else lived and what they collected. I have so much stuff in my house that I have rarely gone looking to fill a void. Portland has a strong community of professional estate sale people. They are very respected and do a great job putting on a sale. It has been 2 years or more since I have gone very regularly. I used to go on a Friday or Saturday morning and start at 8 or 9 and be out till 1. My friend, Mary, who lives accross the street was also very enthusiastic about it. She has been in the same mind set as I recently feeling that she needs to subtract, not add to her belongings. I have found such great things! Oh, well... there is always another weekend. Estate Sales always made me happy.

So ends Week 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment