Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Hearty Kind of Day

I finially got back into my studio today. I has been three weeks. It was good to be back. I wanted to make some more Valentine's as mine have been selling well and I know that we will start to sell more quickly mid week and will need more.

I call this Princess with a heart. The piece framing it is from an old ledger page from 1907.




I like the heart and the green over a texture using molding paste and a stencil.


One idea that I had was to do valentine's using recylcled art. Mine and others. I had a lot of Misc pieces to work with. What I like to do is just put a pile of stuff infront of me and then go to town only using that media.





This is using an old ATC that I had made and printed copies of. Nikki Blackwell once said to add dots whenever you can't think of anything else to do. So it did. You can also use dots to integrate a piece or as a way to add rhythm.




This is an old french postcard. I just added the hearts and now it is a Valentine.




This was an 8.5 X 11 pice that I cut up. That's why the gingham border is just on 3 sides.




I love felting pieces for cards. They have been popular! The beading and embroidery make them rather sweet.




I made 3 cards out of this collaged piece. It had all kinds of different elements to it.



I made a Birth painting last year at this time working with owls. The baby's Mother was "convinced" that she was going to like Owls. I had carved a stamp that was heart shaped and felt it worked very well for the babies in a nest with a mother owl sitting it. These were tests I had worked on prototyping prior to begining the piece. I just cut them all out and made 3 cards--all three are different faces as I was playing.
It was a fun day and time just flew by....







No comments:

Post a Comment