Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Sunday, January 31, 2010

What made me HAPPY WEEK 1


The raccoons in September


The 4 rockettes in September-- and now there is only one "baby"


I decided as a New Year's Resolution, that I would try to be more cognizant of what makes me happy. I feel that I have a lot in my life which makes me happy, but that I find that sometimes there is something inherently missing. I have decided that to dwell on the good might just overcome the not so good. So on Sundays, I will post a list by day of what made me happy. It is my intent to list things daily and keep a draft until the weekend. So here it goes...

Monday: Ok, I know this sounds crazy, but TV made me happy. I watched the first segment of "Emma" (Jane Austen) on Masterpiece Classic. I got a call from a new friend and talked for 2.5 hours. Very interesting!

Tuesday: I wore a new jacket that I bought in market last weekend in the cash and carry area. I had seen them in August at the last show and had thought about them since. Isn't it a great feeling when we have something new that we really like?

Wednesday: Just before I went to work, I looked out the window onto my deck and there were the two raccoons eating bread I had left out there for the birds. I love to watch the birds in the backyard. Have you noticed that it's staying light longer??? Spring is coming. I have been thinking about cleaning up my yard, but it's just too cold. This too will pass!

Thursday: Went out to dinner with an attractive and interesting man. I enjoyed myself a lot and hope he'll call me again.

Friday: While getting the store ready to open today, I ran across a book that must have been put out on Monday night. It is very intriguing to me and it has my name written all over it. "Rhett Butler's People" by Donald McCaig. The jacket says it is the Gone with the Wind story (and more) from Rhett's perspective. I can't wait to start it.

Saturday: I actually made dinner tonight. I also finished the book, "U is for Undertow" by Sue Grafton. It was a good one! Not many letters left. I've been reading this Kinsey Milhone detective series since "A is for Alibi." My friend, Margie, gave me the first one in my late 20's saying that the heroine is kind of like us. I always smile when I think of that.

Sunday: Today I spent the day reading the new book I found on Friday. It was almost decadent--just reading all day... I'm almost done. All three of the cats sat with me at different times during the day. What a life.

So there you have it. My first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment