Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Friday, January 29, 2010

What keeps us from Creative Growth?



Complacency, satisfaction and the ringing of the cash register are three devils that hinder creative growth. The perpetual student does not stray far from the path of invention and re-invention. That's where real satisfaction lies. That's the real motivation that keeps you at it. "We are created creative," says Maya Angelou, "and can invent new scenarios as frequently as they are needed."

In my mind if I can't play I can't stay...

I used to be more serious about art. It seems during the last few years I've reverted back to childhood. The girl just wants to have fun...

I stopped painting exclusively in Watercolor. Why? Was it because I can't compete with my Watercolor friends? They create wonderful masterpieces recreating pictures in nature that they took themselves. My paintings never really looked real--more unreal, in my mind... It got serious.

Yes, I've been juried into shows and even twice to the Watercolor Society of Oregon. Once a serious painting and the second time a very odd but interesting painting.

I think that maybe I need to go forward doing what I do best. Playing. Playing means change. Playing means no rules. Playing means it doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Playing means "What if?" Playing means anything I want it to mean. Playing encourages growth. I love to dabble in a lot of different media. It is so much more fun. What do you think?

I've added two paintings above that got into a Watercolor Show. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment