Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Paste Paper Composition Books





















Last May, I made paste paper for the first time, at Menucha with the Portland Art Collective. Suzie Wolfer was kind enough to bring Paste Paper as a project and showed anyone who wanted how to do it. As always, I became obsessed with it and practically made it till all the paint was gone--mine and everyone else's!

This weekend, I reacquainted myself with the sheets I made and decided to cover Composition Books with them for the store. I have been making painted or covered Composition Books for myself for at least 9 years. I use them for my list of things to do and to jot down ideas and thoughts. At first I began using them just for myself and then them as gifts. I began selling them a couple years later. Every year, I have made a different style, usually using a new technique that I have learned that year. Above are scans of the book covers...

Lenall

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great Lenall! I especially like these shots where you grouped similar colors of your paste paper together. I look forward to seeing what you do here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the grouped colors look good, it reminds me of bolts of fabric.

    ReplyDelete