Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good things (and people) always come back to you!




It's been three years since I last got together with my old watercolor art group. We used to meet weekly at the home of our teacher, Linda Aman. It was a great group of friends and a feel good environment. I always looked forward to going and I always came away with learning something. After I started working for the builder and driving to Salem everyday, it just got to be a bit difficult to get places after work. It was a really hard decision to make, but in the end, I had to forgoe going. I really missed the people. I basically stopped painting in pure watercolor. I also stopped attending WSO (Watercolor Society of Oregon)conventions. It seemed like I'd left a big part of my life behind.

In October, I attended the art show of my friend, Carol Putnam, who I always sat next to on Tuesday nights. She invited me to attend their casual painting get togethers that they have started holding since Linda Aman moved to Idaho. I finally went this past Tuesday and it was almost as if I had never left. It was great getting caught up with four original members who were there, Sarah Wright, Kate Nilan, Carol Putnam and Carol Levy. There were also two newer members to the group, Brandy and Vickie. Both are WSO members also. It was held at the beautiful Mercedes Dealership in Wilsonville. They have a very nice conference room which accommodated the group well! Thank you, Brandy, for allowing us to meet there! It was a great night! It also felt good to be out of the house! My only New Year's Resolution this year is to work on and nurture my relationships with my girlfriends. This was a great step toward that!

I didn't paint that night. Instead I worked on making cork danglies for Valentine's Day. I finished 8 last night. Of course, I had to incorporate a yo-yo in there and I like how they turned out!

Lenall

No comments:

Post a Comment