Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Bird Cards

8,000-10,000 Librarians are in the city today through Saturday for a convention of the PLA (Public Library Association.) I have asked all my consignment artists at the store to please beef up their cards in the store and many have done so. The past 3 weekends, I have spent Sunday in the studio making cards. These were done two weekends ago.
I wanted to find a theme for cards that would be an impulse buy for these women and I knew cats was one of them and guessed birds might be also. I bought these bird stamps last weekend at the Paper Zone sale. I think they work with these backgrounds well.

Most of the backgrounds were done in a Lisa Englebreight class 2 years ago. I loved all of them but for some reason, I never used them.



I just love pulling out old paintings and cutting them up and recyling them into something else. I had lunch with a painter friend this past weekend who reminded me that this is a great way to start paintings. I have always enjoyed the challenge of doing it.



I was hoping that this line could segway into Mother's Day, but I think I will need to do something else for that.




Do you recognize "my style" in these? I do. They aren't too sweet (not me at all.) But they are cute and colorful.


I hope they come and buy out the store. We will be ready! Charge!
Update: The store just had it's two biggest days ever! The Librarians have been buying my cards and lots of everything else! Yeah, Librarians! It's been one successful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment