Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's getting to look a lot like Eastertime!

I spent Sunday in my studio. Yes, it was The Academy Awards day. And yes, I did watch them but I didn't begin watching until 8:00 pm. I have DVR so I can do that. I'll have to watch the pre and post shows later this week. What an upset. I will have to see the Hurt Locker. I loved Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart. He was fabulous! I spent between 10:30 am till 8:00 pm working on 27 original collaged Easter Cards. You say that's not a lot to show for myself? I beg to differ. I think these cards are very precious.

I used old sheet music, an old book of poetry, an old magazine, Papyrus cards and envelopes, colored pencils, a couple stamps, a gluestick, some handmade collaged paper, a piece of scrapbook paper, deli paper,



a sharpie, a piece of paper that I created using mixed media madness, a Japanese fortune cookie fortune.


The only element I cut out from the cards verbatium was the little birds and the branches. Everything else was just cut using a bunch of cards and papers as collage paper.




Easter baskets hold a very fond memory in my heart. We always put them out and got a very nice basket from the Easter Bunny. Our baskets were purchased when we were 4 kids and they were graduating sizes and different colors. (Too bad for David and Paul, and lucky Brenda and I.) I quess when Beth came along she got the big one (mine.)


I think the basket images turned out very sweet, don't you? They look almost vintage.


There are only 3 weeks till Easter and I haven't noticed Easter cards flying out the door yet. I decided to not make a zillion, as I did at Christmas and Valentine's Day, because this card giving season does not warrant it. I think that these will really add a special touch to the merchandise mix of the store!


Are you ready for Easter? I always equate Easter with flowers. Are your bulbs coming coming up? Mine are....

Thanks for looking!










2 comments:

  1. These are nice Lenall. I like the fresh pastels against the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenall, I like the layers of papers, black & white with soft Spring colors. The cards make me want to sing.

    ReplyDelete