Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Thursday, March 4, 2010











Art and Soul sign up is this week. I have always gone on-line at 12:00 exactly to ensure I get the classes I wanted. The past two years, I have been successful. I don't know what it is because other years I was closed out of a couple classes. It's probably the economy. Maybe the fact that this is A&Ss' 6th year and people have "been there and done that..." It's probably the economy and every year the prices have gone up. Each year I think afterwards that maybe I won't sign up for as many classes next year because I am beyond some of the classes I have taken. I am not better than the teachers at all. But I am not the same artist I was at my first Art & Soul. Each retreat has touched me in many ways and I have grown some years in leaps and bounds. Last year, I came away feeling that maybe I should be more selective. BUT, I really enjoyed myself and the biggest thing it does for me is gives me a new injection of energy, creativity and inertia.
This year I signed up for:
1.Weds night/Thurs day: Painting Mindscapes with Stephanie Lee
2. Friday night: Shibori and Hand dyed Ribbons with Lorri Scott
3. Saturday: Sculpting a Sketch with Jane Wynn
4. Sunday: Freedom to Create with Jesse Reno

2 painting, one drawing and one fun.
Bring it on. The past few years Art & Soul has been my vacation. This year I will only have to take one day off. Can't wait!
















2 comments:

  1. Your art work is just great. I work in the same kind losing myself in painting. I approach though painting a little different as being a synesthesian painter. As being synesthete I live a life in colors. Synesthesia means that I see colors when I see words and numbers.I transform this in paintings of names and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classes for Art and Soul sound great. I appreciate your musings on how many classes to take - I've struggled with the same questions, but in the end, I take a full slate of classes because I'm so lucky to have this great retreat in our own city.

    ReplyDelete