Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Monday, May 14, 2012

I've been working on something new!

Collage and paint with machine freemotion stitching!








I purchased a sewing machine 4 years ago and took a class at the time but for some reason, I did not feel comfortable working with paper and freeform stitching.  I wanted to try using my handmade papers and fabric and stitch onto a piece of art.  There were too many roadblocks with the machine clogging and thus making the projects move slowly.  I decided that I either need to learn how to use it and give it a try or sell the machine.  While participating in the Prosperous Heart Book by Julia Cameron Yahoo Group, I put it out there that I wanted to take another lesson or class.  Sandy Keating, Master Fiber Artist, volunteered to help me!  Last week, I took a lesson with her.  In just 2 short hours I felt comfortable to make a go of it on my own.  She gave me a lot of great pointers and showed me how to solve many of the issues I had originally been experiencing.  On top of all that I was able to spend time with her and get to know her better.  It was really a treat for me and I really appreciated her generosity!  I will be posting several different looks that I have created in the past 4 days...  These are all made card size so I will try working on bigger surfaces next!

No comments:

Post a Comment