Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Monday, May 21, 2012

A weekend away at Menucha

The Portland Art Collective spent the weekend away in the Gorge at Menucha.  The weekend was filled with lots of laughter, conversation, art making, friends, food and fun.  I did just shy of 70 postcard sized pieces of art.  At times, I tend to be a production line artist.  I started on Friday night painting one side of the former PAC art show postcards.  I did 3 color ways.  Blues, Greens and oranges.  Then I started to compose my collages.  The subject matter ranged from waterlilies, palm trees, houses, daisies and more poplars.  I used a lot of different handmade papers and old paintings that I cut up. I used solid papers, a Japanese rice paper, a scrapbook paper, and old sheet music.  Collaging took all day Saturday.  Saturday evening I did some embossing of birds for the nest pieces like those I posted earlier.  Sunday, I used my sewing machine with the free motion foot and stitched on each piece.  The stitching acts as calligraphy.  As an exclamation point.  I still have about 25 pieces to stitch. Maybe tommorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment