Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Garden Art: A new medium for me

Every year in July, the Portland Art Collective celebrates another year of being together at our annual Picnic held at William Palmer House, the historic Victorian mansion, on Mississippi Ave.  The house is wonderful and each year, since our friends Maggie and Susan have owned it, it has evolved into a more wonderful piece of art.  At this party, we typically hold an art swap of some kind.  This year we voted to make one piece of Garden Art and trade it one for one with another piece made by someone else.  This piece was mine.

I have to say that I knew what I was going to do going in and that the piece evolved. I had planned to use driftwood and make a hanging like others I have made before.  My Dad made them when I was young and I have always had them in my yard.  I had the driftwood, but once I started I was just not going there in my head.   At one point, I almost quit as I worry that my piece won't measure up.  I did forge ahead and was glad that I did.  I was very please with how it evolved!  Mine is in the top right hand corner.  Here are some other masterpieces!  They were all wonderful and creatively unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment