Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Sunday, October 24, 2010

October: An Artful Month

The past couple years, October has become my most busy creative month.  I have just returned from a weekend with my art group, The Portland Art Collective.  We go to Menucha 2x a year for a weekend filled with Friends, Art and Food.  This weekend was no different from others in the past.  It was a lovely time!  As usual, I got a lot done and overpacked.  You never know what you'll need!  Considering that I left packing till Thursday night after 7:30, I didn't do too badly!  I left a whole project in my car and got to everything else I brought. I actually did two things I did not plan.  One was painting Citra Sol on National Geographic pages and then letting them sit closed for a half hour.  I actually did a few monoprints from these and then added a bit of paint.  The Heron and flower pieces below represent this process.  Then you pull the two sheets apart and come up with a very interesting blur of color.  Thank you for your generosity, Suzie!  I also learned about Cold Laminate Collage from Sue.  The other was using the colorful crepe paper scraps from a Mexican Flower project being done by Robin and making abstracts by wetting "found" pieces and letting them bleed onto paper as they start to dry.  Thanks Robin!  You can see what I mean below.  I also started 3 different danglie projects that I will be finishing in the next 2 weeks in front of the TV.  I just covered the wooden threadspools and corks using handmade papers and put 2 holes in little metal snowmen.

Below are some examples of what I worked on.  The First three are Jesse Reno inspired animals.  Saturday morning, a deer was sitting on the grass outside the huge picture windows.  We all thought it was a baby.  Later we decided that it must have been a young doe as a 2 point buck came out and started kissing her.  A while later they disappeared together into the bushes.  I drew a quick sketch of the doe as we were watching her.










No comments:

Post a Comment