Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yep, more cards!

4 Days filled with Fun
Last week, My friend, Susan came to visit for 4 days.  When she comes, we generally spend 80% of our time creating and 20% spending money at various art stores or estate sales.  This visit proved to be no different.  I have finally got "a little" beyond making cards and did a couple pours which I will be using to cover my annual composition books and a few calendars.  The 5 pours turned out well.  I have so many ideas in my head as to what to do "fine art wise" for our December Open Doors show that I am feeling somewhat pressured to perform.  I am truely ready to retire my year of "going to the money." 
Hint:  I have been equating making cards as going to the money.
I now have a card Rep 
I do have to report that I now have a card rep who is selling my cards to local stores.  The first 2 orders are now in production.  This has been long on my mind as something I need to do to go to the next level.  The success  has a bit of a 2 edged sword.  Up until this point, I have sold on consignment and have received between 85-50% of RETAIL.  Now I am selling outright at cost and paying a rep between 15-20% off that.  NOT a lot of profit.  If I am to grow in this direction I will need to print more cheaply and unfortunately, that will mean printing in bulk.  Something to think more on and do more research.
Printing with Fun Foam
We also tried a new technique I saw in Cloth Paper Sissors.  It was printing using fun foam and both of our ventures proved fruitful for future sessions.  I have come up with a couple of images I would like to try.  The Holly below was done using this technique.
She left on Saturday evening and I continued working all of Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very fond of the triangle trees on the splatter background. They look so happy floating in the air like that!

    ReplyDelete