Mixed Media Artist

Welcome to my blog. I hope that in the months to come you will come and visit and check out what I've been working on! Let me know what you think!
Lenall
Visit my website at: http://www.lenall.com/

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Professional Photography really makes a difference!

I firmly believe that having my art shot professionally makes a difference.  Ever since I started entering juried shows via .jpegs, I have had many of my better pieces shot by Dale Leix, owner of Today's Photo, in Lake Grove, OR  503-636-8967.  I have also had him set up these pieces for cards. 




When times get tough and money is tight many artists start shooting their own art and then are disappointed when they don't get into shows. On the other hand, many of my friends are excellent photographers and their shots are beautiful.  I have not gone this route because I don't want to spend my time doing it.  I'd rather create and leave it to a professional.  I have found I am entering less shows instead.

For quite sometime, I have been scanning smaller pieces intended for history, but I have also been using the scans on my blog and sometimes for cards.  I thought it might be interesting to you to see the difference a professional photographer makes on 4 of the pieces I did during October.  If you look back at my October photos you will see the earlier scans.  I do need to point out that the scans show less of the pieces as my scan bed is smaller than the original pieces. 

So what do you think?  Is there a big difference?


BTW, just as many artists share my opinion as those who don't.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe these are even the same pieces. Definitely worth the money, especially since your work is so much about color. These are much more intense like the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see a big difference with the professional photography Lenall. Out of curiosity, who do you use as your photographer? Love your blog & it is fun to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruth! I have Dale Leix at Today's Photo shoot my work. Hope you'll be able to make our show in December!

    ReplyDelete